This is an excellent opportunity to become part of the Product Development Team at Silverwing, part of EddyFi Technologies.
We currently have a rare and fantastic opening at our Silverwing site, based at Swansea to join an innovative forward-thinking company and work as part of a friendly and highly motivational team in an excellent working environment.
Silverwing is a world leading, rapidly growing business within the NDT Industry undertaking design, development and manufacture of specialist inspection equipment for the non-destructive testing (NDT) industry. More information about our products and services can be found at www.silverwingndt.com.
Job Description : Electronic Engineer
Location: Swansea UK.
The incumbent of this position designs analogue and digital electronic circuits of the best products on the NDT market. They will be involved in all stages of development: conceptual design, detailed design, prototyping, test & validation, transfer to production and sustaining.
Our products work in a harsh industrial environment that requires ruggedized inspection tools and electronics that is robust for continuous operation. The successful candidate will develop industrial electronic circuits to deliver a class leading inspection environment.
Reports to Product Development Manager.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Work with Product Management to understand the needs and set the specifications for complex electronic circuits.
- Analyze the specifications.
- Propose various development scenarios.
- Identify and manage risks
- With Project Manager and Team Manager, estimate the effort, costs and time required to complete tasks according to risks management.
- With Project Manager and Team Manager, contribute to execution plans.
- Provide judgment and analysis as a specialist in the design, development and implementation of new electronic solutions.
- Design functional electronic diagrams of systems.
- Carry out calculations and circuit simulations when needed.
- With Mechanical Engineer, carry out electric motor sizing calculations (load, force, torque, speed, efficiency, power, current, motor drive and battery capacity).
- Design electronic schematics.
- Oversee design of printed circuits (layout & routing).
- Design connectivity & cabling.
- With Mechanical Engineer, design the packaging of electronic systems.
- Develop firmware programmes for embedded micro-controllers.
- Coordinate the manufacturing of electronic prototypes.
- Start up and tune-up the electronic prototypes.
- Help develop and execute appropriate product test strategies on prototypes and products by understanding the in-field conditions and application of Silverwing products and put one’s self into the position of the end-customer.
- Write manufacturing procedures.
- Design tools & production jigs to facilitate manufacturing & testing of electronic boards.
Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering with specialization in electronics or equivalent
Experience and Skills Required
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Proven experience in delivering reliable electronic builds and production systems within a high-tech engineering/manufacturing company.
- Proficiency in the development of analogue and digital circuits Knowledge and experience with small electric motors, motor drives circuit, motor and motion
- control, control algorithms and programming.
- Ability to accurately read electronic drawings and schematics.
- Experience with embedded programming and program microcontrollers.
- Knowledge of electronic schematics software is an asset (Altium is a plus).
- Experience in multidisciplinary projects.
- Experience in working with multi-sites team is plus.
- Ability to participate in efficient peer review meetings.
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work on time and meet deadlines.
- A highly professional approach and manner.
- Hands on, flexible and able to multi task.
- Positive proactive “can do” attitude, be results oriented.
- Be organised and methodical.
- Be able to present information in a clear and concise manner, oral and in writing.
- Willingness to learn, is enthusiastic, highly motivated and able to take initiative.
- Ability to assemble PCBs component, including surface mount component soldering is an advantage.
- Knowledge of non-destructive testing techniques would be an advantage.
Non-destructive testing (NDT) is a wide group of analysis techniques used in science and industry to evaluate the properties of a material, a component, or a system without damaging it. Because NDT doesn't permanently alter the component under test, it's a highly valuable technique that can save money and time in product evaluation, troubleshooting, and research.