This is an excellent opportunity to become part of the Product Development Team at Silverwing, part of EddyFi Technologies.
We currently have a rare and fantastic opening at our Silverwing site, based at Swansea to join an innovative forward-thinking company and work as part of a friendly and highly motivational team in an excellent working environment.
Silverwing is a world leading, rapidly growing business within the NDT Industry undertaking design, development and manufacture of specialist inspection equipment for the non-destructive testing (NDT) industry. More information about our products and services can be found at www.silverwingndt.com
Job Description : Software Engineer
Location: Swansea UK.
The incumbent of this position participates in the software development of the best products on the NDT market.
This involves designing, developing and performing PC application maintenance. Our products work in a harsh industrial environment that requires ruggedized inspection tools and software that is robust for continuous operation.
The successful candidate will develop industrial software applications using advanced software processing methods and tools to deliver a class leading inspection environment. This is an exciting opportunity to work on proprietary innovative software platforms that can perform real-time acquisition and mapping of large information sets containing several gigabytes of data.
The role is to develop the analysis of data through Silverwing’s bespoke visual engine built around DirectX and incorporate 3D visualisation of geotagged data with or on top of point cloud data. CUDA/OpenCL GPU processing will become a fundamental part of the software role so that analysis can be performed in real-time through a comprehensive, yet user-friendly interface.
Reports to Product Development Manager.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Work with Product Management to understand the needs and set the specifications for complex software developments.
- Analyze the specifications.
- Propose various development scenarios.
- Identify and manage risks.
- With Project Manager and Team Manager, estimate the effort, costs and time required to complete tasks according to risks management.
- With Project Manager and Team Manager, contribute to execution plans.
- Under limited supervision, design, develop, maintain, and troubleshoot PC application software as per plans.
- Develop and implement signal processing algorithms.
- Seek the best solutions for integrating physical concepts with application software.
- Collaborate with product testing team to conduct program testing.
- Provide technical support for planning and implementing software modules.
- Provide customer service support to solve problems faced by our customers.
Bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science or equivalent
Experience and Skills Required
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Programming experience in:
- C#. Experience with .NET 4.5+ and Visual Studio IDE.
- Windows presentation foundation (WPF).
- HTML5 and ASP.Net.
- Large dataset management experience with SQL Server.
- Knowledge of Windows Applications and PC support.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate strong analytical skills and proven experience of software engineering.
- Experience with user interface design.
- Graphics DirectX experience is a plus.
- OpenCL programming is a plus.
- Experience in multidisciplinary projects.
- Experience in working with multi-sites team is plus.
- Experience with firmware programmes for embedded micro-controllers in a plus.
- Ability to participate in efficient peer review meetings.
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work on time and meet deadlines.
- A highly professional approach and manner.
- Hands on, flexible and able to multi task.
- Positive proactive ‘can do’ attitude, be results oriented.
- Be organised and methodical.
- Be able to present information in a clear and concise manner, oral and in writing.
- Willingness to learn, is enthusiastic, highly motivated and able to take initiative.
- Knowledge of non-destructive testing techniques would be an advantage.
Non-destructive testing (NDT) is a wide group of analysis techniques used in science and industry to evaluate the properties of a material, a component, or a system without damaging it. Because NDT doesn't permanently alter the component under test, it's a highly valuable technique that can save money and time in product evaluation, troubleshooting, and research.