New Product Introduction (NPI) Technician / Engineer (Swansea)
We are currently looking for a multi-skilled person to join our talented team of technicians / Engineers. The employee in this position manages the transfer of new products from R&D to Production, as well as the continuous improvement of production methods, testing and calibration of Silverwing equipment.
Role and Responsibilities
Under a limited supervision:
- Quality assure all pre-production documentation with the Development team to assist with the launch of new products into production;
- Verifying bills of manufacturing for release to production;
- Control documented feedback process to R&D on possible improvements and issues to be actioned on the current products, such assembly techniques, part improvement or work instructions;
- Develop testing and calibration procedure of new product, and maintain them over time;
- Document the manufacturing of products (assembly procedures, test procedures, nomenclature, drawings).
- Revision control of drawings and maintain documentation for production changes;
- By liaising with Technical Support & Internal Sales, manage the RMAs to the satisfaction of the customers using internal document tracking software.
- Provide technical support to production;
- Comply with all company security policies and procedures;
Line Manager: Julian Scatcherd
Job Title: Production Manager
- At least 2 years of experience in new product development environment, manufacturing or customer support requiring in depth technical knowledge of products.
Education / Certification
- HND or above in Electronic or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Manufacturing or Electronic Engineering Apprenticeship
- Proven record in a team environment
- Rigor, ability to popularize methods and concepts, autonomy, versatility.
- Ability to write procedures in a clear and concise manner.
- Excellent ability to manage priorities.
- Good communication skills and ease of teamwork.
- Excellent IT skills
- Engineering / Manufacturing experience is a plus
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the Company and its overall business objectives.